The man in the house has been bugging me to make him some bananas cake, finally I fulfilled his wish today! :D hahaha you must be wondering why called it A.B.C Cake? This is actually a simple banana cake with a twist ie. with added ground almond, chia seeds and of course the bananas. Therefore I called it Almond Banana Chia Seeds Cake in short A.B.C Cake ^0^
Original recipe asked for icing sugar frosting on top, but I opted a healthier version by topping with lots of almond flakes :D
Moist and tender crumbs and I love the crunch of the chia seeds
- 3 eggs
- 120gm light brown sugar
- 125ml rice bran oil
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 180gm self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 60gm almond meal
- 2 heap tbsp chia seeds
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 carrot, peeled & finely grated
- handful of almond flakes
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until frothy. Whisk in oil and vanilla.
- Sift flour and ground cinnamon over the egg mixture and fold lightly. Stir in almond meal and chia seeds.
- Lastly fold in mashed bananas and grated carrots till well incorporated.
- Pour batter into a lined 7" cake pan. Sprinkle almond flakes over the surface. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 35 mins until golden brown and skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 mins before unmoulding onto a wire rack to cool completely.
I am submitting this to Best Recipes For Everyone event, "Fun with Almond' April 2015, host by Fion of XuanHom's Mom Kitchen Dairy and co-host by Doreen of my little favourite DIY.
Definitely loving the one with almond topping instead of icing sugar frosting. This banana cake looks so moist and delicious!
Oooh...lovely cake texture you have gotten. So now "the man" is happy with his cake?
Your my in the house is so lucky to have a lady in the house like you. I love your ABC cake. You put vitamins, mineral and fibre in your cake. Yum!
Nice name indeed!hahaha
And this cake so nice too
pls may i know can i omit:
"Banana" allergy.hope u can share by rtn ,,
Marin...is a banana cake, if you are allergy to it, look for an alternate recipe which suit u better.
Post a Comment