My hubby called this lazy meal whenever he saw this being served! >.<" hahaha But I love preparing this for my family as they are easy to prepare and taste absolutely wonderful!
Spread a flour tortilla with homemade pesto, filled 1/2 side with choice of your greens and cheese and top with freshly grilled shredded chicken....do not attempt to overfill it! You want the quesadilla thin and crisp enough without overspilling of fillings ;)
Best serve while is still hot which the quesadilla is crisp and fillings are melty good!
Ingredient (4 servings)
- 2 chicken breast meat
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pcs flour tortilla
- 2 homemade pesto cubes
- melted butter
- shredded cheddar cheese
- baby spinach
- fresh herbs
- Butterfly chicken breast meat to make it thinner. Marinate with Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt and olive oil for at 30mins.
- Heat a non-stick pan and pan fry the marinated meat on medium heat for 3-5 mins on each side till lightly brown. Cool down slightly and slice thinly.
- Meanwhile heat up the sandwich griller. Brush some pesto over the flour tortilla. Layer with the toppings and shredded chicken evenly on one side of the tortilla. Do not overfill it.
- Fold up the tortilla and brush both sides with melted butter. Place the half-folded tortilla into heated griller and cook till golden brown on both sides.
- Cool down the pesto chicken quesadilla slightly and cut into half. Serve immediately with beds of fresh salads if desired.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Bake for Happy Kids and My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by Diana from the Domestic Goddess Wannabe