This is an all time favourite chicken dish which no one could resist it! So sinful and addictive which you will stop munching after savoured one :D This recipe is slightly different from the usual one which I've come acrossed. It incorporated additional preserved fermented beancurd into the seasoning. Is it because of the additional fermented beancurd, I find them tasted really flavourful!
- 15 chicken mid wings
- 1 piece preserved fermented beancurd
- 2 tsp shrimp paste
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1/4 salt
- 4 tsp sugar
- 4 tsp hua tiao jiu
- 1 stalk spring onion, finely chopped
- thumb-sized ginger, finely chopped
- tapioca flour for coating
- Rinse the chicken wings and pat dry.
- Mash fermented bean curd till smooth. Add in the rest of the seasoning and stir well to combine.
- Coat the chicken in the marinade and leave in fridge overnight. Turn the chicken occasionally to ensure they are evenly marinated.
- When ready to cook, place the flour in a shallow dish. Heat oil in a wok till hot. Toss the chicken wings in the flour, tapping off the excess and slide them into the oil.
- Fry on a low heat for about 10 mins, turning occasionally, until the wings are golden brown and cooked through. Drain on kitchen paper and serve immediately.
Crisp and moreish!