It is small, it is cute and it taste awfully good if you are a cheese lover! A great snack for the kids which they can easily gobble down a dozen at a go ^0^
- 200gm bread flour
- 1/3 tsp instant yeast
- 30gm sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese powder
- 30gm unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 80ml milk
- Combine all ingredient (reserved 2 tbsp milk) , except butter, in a mixing bowl. Knead into a rough dough. Gradually add in reserved milk and knead well.
- Knead in butter, for about 10mins, till dough is smooth and elastic.
- Proof dough, covered, for 60mins or until double in bulk.
- Punch down dough to release air, knead lightly and shape into a ball. Rest for 15mins.
- Flour a working surface. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a rectangle shape, about 1 cm in thickness.
- Cut out dough into 2cm x 2cm small cubes. Place dough cubes onto a lined baking sheet, leaving some space in between each cube. Proof for another 50mins or until double in bulk.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 12mins or until golden brown.
Recipe adapted from Carol's Original Flavour