Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Mini Cheese Bread

It is small, it is cute and it taste awfully good if you are a cheese lover! A great snack for the kids which they can easily gobble down a dozen at a go ^0^ 






Ingredient
  • 200gm bread flour
  • 1/3 tsp instant yeast
  • 30gm sugar
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese powder
  • 30gm unsalted butter
  • 1 egg
  • 80ml milk

Method
  1. Combine all ingredient (reserved 2 tbsp milk) , except butter, in a mixing bowl. Knead into a rough dough. Gradually add in reserved milk and knead well.
  2. Knead in butter, for about 10mins, till dough is smooth and elastic.
  3. Proof dough, covered, for 60mins or until double in bulk.
  4. Punch down dough to release air, knead lightly and shape into a ball. Rest for 15mins.
  5. Flour a working surface. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a rectangle shape, about 1 cm in thickness.
  6. Cut out dough into 2cm x 2cm small cubes. Place dough cubes onto a lined baking sheet, leaving some space in between each cube. Proof for another 50mins or until double in bulk.
  7. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 12mins or until golden brown.
Recipe adapted from Carol's Original Flavour

I am submitting this post to the the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and  Doreen from My Little Favourite DIY , hosted by lice from I Love.ICook.IBake

9 comments:

Alice said...

hi Veronica, thks for linking this up at LTU cheese
definitely a highly addictive munch!
yum yum.... for a cheese lover like me, this is difficult to resist! :)

Zoe said...

Hi Peng,

These petite cheese buns are very cute! I will need to eat at least 2 dozens... LOL!

Zoe

QembarDelites said...

Hi Veronica, I have seen Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY baking these too and I thought it looks delicious! I'll pin this for reference:D

Victoria Bakes said...

these mini bites works best for a potato couch like me

kitchen flavours said...

My kids would love these too, they love anything with cheese!
Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Peng, your mini cheese bread is so apt to tempt kids to eat their grains! I love how cute they look. If I could get hold of them, they would definitely all be in my tummy in one sitting! :):) Love it!

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Peng,
Happy to let you know that your post is featured in this month's Cook-Your-Books!

Peng said...

Hi Joyce , yeah great to see the recipe well received !

Peng said...

Hi Joyce , yeah great to see the recipe well received !

Related Posts with Thumbnails