So far HCP (Happycall Pan) has been serving me well ^0^ Definitely not another 'White Elephant' in my kitchen! I found this recipe posted by Ellena from Cuisine Paradise but I adjusted the recipe slightly by adding some minced pork and some gravy as my kids prefer more saucy kind of tofu dishes :D Another wonderful 'one pot' dish which is nutritious and easy to prepare on busy days!
- 300gm egg tofu, 2 tubes
- 100gm minced pork
- 100gm baby corn, halved
- 150gm sweet peas, trimmed
- 50gm carrots, sliced
- 4 dried shiitake mushroom, softened and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- black pepper for garnishing
- 1/2 cup water (I've used 1/4 soaked mushroom liquid top up with another 1/4 water)
- 1 tbsp oyster
- sesame oil
- pepper to taste
- chinese wine
- Marinate minced pork lightly with 1 tsp light soy sauce, 1/2 tsp sesame oil, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1 tsp wine, 1/2 tsp cornflour.
- Cut egg tofu into 8 pieces, lightly coat all sides with some tapioca flour and set aside.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in HCP, arrange tofu on the pan and fry till slightly golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 mins each side. Remove and set aside.
- Add another 1 tbsp oil in pan, sauté garlic and ginger till fragrant. Add in mushroom, corns & carrots and mix evenly. Lock and cover pan, cook for 1 min,
- Open lid, add in minced pork and fry till meat turns white, add in sweet peas and mix evenly. Pour in sauce, lock pan and cook for 1 min.
- Open lid, arrange fried tofu evenly into the pan. Slowly drizzle beaten egg around the mixture. Sprinkle some black pepper over. Cover pan and cook for half minute. Do not overcook the egg.
- Turn off heat and serve immediately.
My kind of dish.. love this tofu!
I love hotplate tofu! I don't have HCP at home, but that's not stopping me from making this dish, yum!
Post a Comment