It's been quite some time I've bake cute cookies for my kids! Too cute too be eaten? Neh....they so happily munching off the cookies at high speed hahaha...No special flavouring was added to this batch of butter cookies. I just used a better quality danish salted butter and it is indeed very very fragrant during the baking process!! Luckily I chosen a good recipe for this cut-out cookies as the stamping of the panda features took me quite some time! While meddling with the cookie dough, I did not even require to chill them to firm them up. The dough maintained pliable and non-sticky throughout my repeating kneading and rolling out process :D Though is quite cumbersome to stamp out the individual panda patterns, I'm delighted they turned out beautifully cute and of course yummylicous too! ^.*
Parts of the Panda Cookie Cutters
stamp out the base first....
followed by the face and body...
assembled and ready for baking...
- 180gm danish salted butter
- 30gm egg whites
- 80gm icing sugar
- 180gm plain flour
- 80gm cake flour
- 80gm rice flour
- 2 tsp charcoal powder
- Using a electric whisk, cream butter, egg whites & icing sugar till creamy.
- Using a spatula, fold in plain flour, rice flour & cornflour. Lightly knead to a soft dough.
- Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Knead in charcoal powder into one of the portion.
- Place 2 dough into individual ziplog bag, roll flat. Keep dough sheet in the refrigerator, chill dough for about 1 hour.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator. Roll out each dough into 5mm thickness. Stamp out cookies using your favourite cookie cutters.
- Arrange on lined baking trays. Bake in a preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 25-30 minutes depending on size and thickness of the cookies. Cool well and store in air-tight container.