My boy enjoys this cooling dessers, but my lil gal dun like the gingko nuts and the beans, only eats the sweet potato and the soup ^o^
Recipe adapted from Cuisine Paradise
- 150gm Green Bean
- 1 Medium Size Orange Sweet Potato
- 50gm Sago
- 100gm pre packed gingko nuts (rinsed thoroughly and marinate with 1 tbsp sugar)
- 2 Litre Water
- 3 blades of Pandan Leave
- rock sugar to taste
- Rinse a few times and remove any dirt or spoilt green beans from the pool then set them aside and bring a pot of 1.5 litre of water to boil.
- Next remove the outer skin of the sweet potato, cut it into chunks and add them together with the green beans into the boiling water.
- When the green bean mixture comes to boil again, lower the heat and let it simmer over medium low heat till the bean begins to soften or cracks open. (takes about 15 minutes or so)
- Add in the rinse sago, gingko nuts and pandan leave then continue to simmer till the sago becomes transparent.
- Removed the pandan leave, add in rock sugar to taste.