I usually bake chicken using rosemary or mixed herbs. Found this 'chinese style' bake chicken and find it very refreshing :D ahhhh indeed very tasty with subtle taste of coriander!
Roasted Coriander Chicken
- 1 kampong chicken
- 50gm coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp five spice powder
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chinese wine
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chinese wine
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with kitchen paper. Combine ingredient (B) and rub some of the mix all over the chicken. Stuff the balance mixture into the cavity of the chicken and seal with bamboo stick and air-dry for 1 hour.
- Combine ingredient (B) and brush the seasoning over the chicken twice during the air-dry.
- Put chicken on a baking tray, bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 30mins until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from heat. Cool completely before cutting into pieces.
Baked Asparagus with Walnuts
- 4 tbsp toasted chopped walnuts
- 300gm asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Toss asparagus with 1 tbsp olive, salt & pepper to taste. Spread evenly on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 15mins.
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice and add salt & pepper to taste. To serve, spoon sauce over asparagus and sprinkle with walnuts.