- 8 eggs, separate
- 150gm sugar
- 3 tbsp corn oil
- 150gm plain flour, sift
- 1tsp baking powder,sift
- 200ml coconut milk
- 50ml pandan juice (blend 4 blades pandan leaves with some water and strain to extract juice)
- 1 tsp pandan essence
- some green food colouring
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- Whisk egg yolks & 50g sugar till sugar is fully dissolved.
- Stir in corn oil, coconut milk, pandan juice, pandan essence & colouring. Fold in flour till batter is lump free.
- Whisk egg whites & cream of tartar on high speed. Add in 100gm sugar gradually and beat till stiff peak form.
- Add 1/3 of egg white foam into cake batter and mix evenly. Pour batter into remain egg whites till no whites showing.
- Pour batter into chiffon tin, knock few times against countertop to remove air bubbles.
- Bake at 180C for 45mins. Invert to cool completely before removing from tin.
Gorgeous cake, so high and fluffy!
Hope you are coping well with your little one. I wanted to try baking a pandan chiffon cake long ago just didn't have the courage to do so. What size of baking pan are you using for this recipe? What flour should I use?
Thanks, hope to hear from you soon.
Christina..the recipe is large so I bake in 2 batches, my chiffon tin is 22cm size which can accomodate 4-6 eggs recipe..oops forgot to indicate using 'plain' flour :)I luv baking chiffon cakes...
Hi! Peng, as my technique of folding the flour still not that good. Always afraid that the flour did not incorporate well in the batter/mixture. How do you fold in the flour? Not sure can we use a hand whisk?
Hi Christina...dun worry overfold the flour, just use handwhisk and stir till batter is smooth and free of lumps. Only point to take care the egg white foam,gently fold into the batter until no white streak visible.
I almost giving up this chiffon. Before my die heart of making this chiffon, Can i ask hw come the cake alway sink and internally was wet? Hw to you get the pandan juice? Can we omit this pandan juice and replace jus the pandan essense.
Wendy...i've indicated on how to extract pandan juice in the recipe already. You can use 1 tsp pandan essence but natural juice taste better. The cake is underbaked therefore it sink.
Post a Comment