My first attempt on cute macarons!
Only making a small batch of macarons, therefore using melted white/dark chocolate for the eyes and mouth rather than the standard royal icing.
Ingredient (approx. 12 sandwiched cookies)
- Sift icing sugar, ground almonds and matcha powder together. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites on high speed till foamy. Add sugar gradually and beat till glossy and stiff peak form.
- Fold in almond mixture in 3 batches until well blended. (about 40 folds)
- Transfer batter into piping bag and pipe on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Rest for 30-60mins.
- Baked at preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 12-15 mins.
- Remove from oven, cool down for 5mins and peel the cookies from parchment paper. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Spread one cookie with red bean paste, top with another shell, press down slightly. Store in air-tight container and chill overnight for the flavour to develop.