- 4 egg whites
- 100gm sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 125gm plain flour, sifted
- 150ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp pandan juice (grind 2 pandan leaves with 1 tbsp water and strain to get juice)
- 1 tsp pandan essence
- some green food colouring
- Line base a 8" cake pan with greaseproof paper.
- Mix coconut milk, pandan juice & colouring together. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites on high speed for 1 min. Gradually add sugar in 3 batches and beat till stiff peak form.
- Add in egg yolks and beat for another 3mins. Fold in flour follow by coconut milk mixture. Mix well.
- Pour batter into cake pan and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 45mins.
- Rest cake in tin for 10mins. Unmould cake and cool completely on rack.
uhm... was that supposed to rise?
hmmm...it rise and form a nice dorm after baking but 'deflate' after cooling.
would like to know if i can replace the pandan juice and essence with pandan paste instead? thks
Hi Octopusmum, yes u can replace with 1 tsp pandan paste :) if u are trying out this recipe, tell me if ur cake deflate in the middle. Though my cake sunk but it does not affect the texture at all.
thks v much! now, i have found one more way to use my pandan paste!
sure, will tell u if the cake deflates if i make it but guess it won't be so soon cause i just made steam pandan cake with coconut milk last nite...
I steamed my cake... YES, it sinked drastically after cooled :( ..which i do not know why?
When in the steamer,the cake was nicely rised.. but when cooedl it simply collasp, and ended up compact :(
Anyone know the tricks to keep its form?? thanks!!
Post a Comment