Made this breakfast over the weekends :) Serve the oatmeal pancakes along with a simple and unique tasty jam which was made in advance few days ago.
Tomato & Passionfruit Jam
- 500gm tomatoes
- 3 passionfruit pulps
- 50ml lemon juice
- 250gm sugar
- Cut a cross at the base of the tomatoes, bring a pot of water to boil, submerge the tomatoes for 1 min. Remove from heat, peel of skin and roughly chop the tomatoes.
- Put the passionfruit pulps, lemon juice & tomatoes in a pan. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15mins or until the mixture is thick & pulpy.
- Add the sugar and stir over low heat till all sugar has dissolved. Turn on medium heat and bring to boil and cook for 30mins, stirring often to prevent the base from burning. Remove and scums during the process.
- If the jam falls from a tilted wooden spoon in thick sheets without dripping, the jam is done. Remove from heat and pour the jam into clean, warm & dry jars and seal. Turn upside down for 2 mins then invert and leave to cool. Refridge after opening for up to 2 mths.
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 80gm butter, melted
- Place 2 cups rolled oats, flour & sugar in a blender. Process till oats is fine. Transfer flour mixture into a mixing bowl, make a well in the centre.
- Add milk, eggs & butter all at once. Whisk until well combined and free of lumps. Stir in remaining oats, cling wrapped and rest for 20mins.
- Lightly greased a non-stick pan, drop 2 tbsp batter into pan and spread into a circle. Cook over low heat for 2mins or until golden brown. Turn over and cook the other side. Repeat process with remaining batter, greasing pan when necessary.