First time come across a sponge cake recipe using a mixture of cake flour and corn flour, therefore decide to give it a try to see how's the texture like :D the results.....GREAT! soft n fluffy, not dry at all. Still taste good and soft the next day without storing in fridge...
- 4 eggs
- 130gm caster sugar (do not further reduce the sugar, can add another 20gm if u like sweet)
- 10gm cornflour
- 100gm cake flour
- 20gm cocoa powder
- 1gm baking soda
- 30gm corn oil
- 40gm fresh milk
- Mix cake flour, cornflour, cocoa powder and baking soda in a mixing bowl, set aside.
- With an electric mixer, whisk eggs and sugar on high speed for 8-10 mins until the batter thick and creamy and double in volume. A thick ribbon trail will be left when the beaters are lifted from the batter. Turn to low speed and whisk for another 2 mins to stabilise the air bubbles in the batter.
- Fold in sifted flour into the batter gently in 4-5 batches until well blended. (i find using a handwhisk instead of spatula to do folding ensures the flour is evenly mixed)
- With a spatula, mix about 1/3 of the batter with the corn oil in a separate bowl. Fold in this mixture into the remaining batter. This method will help to ensure the oil will be fully blended and at the same time will not deflate the batter.
- Add in fresh milk and fold in gently.
- Scoop batter into cupcake cases and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 20-25mins. (temp varies depends on size of cupcake cases used and individual oven).
- Alternative, pour the batter into a 8 inch greased and lined cake pan and bake 40-50 mins, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Rest for 5 mins, unmould and invert cake on rack to cool completely.
Post a Comment