Bewarned....this dish is really really irresistible!!! I only need a big bowl of warm rice for this salivating sambal chicken dish!
- 500gm chicken pieces (I used chicken thighs)
- 150gm belimbing, trim off the ends
- 3 pcs kaffir lime leaves
- salt & sugar to taste
- 25gm dried chill, softened and deseed
- 200gm shallots
- 2 pcs candlenuts
- 10gm toasted shrimp paste
- Blend the spice paste till smooth. Heat 2 tbsp oil in pan. Fry spice paste over medium heat until fragrant for 10 mins. Add in lime leaves. Fry for a minute.
- Add in chicken and stir till chicken is well coasted with spice paste.
- Add in belimbing and 150ml water. Stir well. Cover and cook over medium heat for 30 mins until chicken is cooked. Stir twice in between cooking time.
- Add in salt and sugar to taste. Serve warm with rice.