Once again I'm invited by MediaCorp Channel 8 Cooking Variety Show "Just Cook It" to contribute a fish recipe (1 minute video stint)! Below are the pictures I've taken at the shooting studio. This is a simple and yet nutritious steamed fish infused with herbal broth! Threadfin is very expensive over here. I've bought this slab of fillet for about S$24! But this fish fillet really goes well with the herbal broth. The broth is not too overwhelming, which you can still taste the natural sweetness of the fish. Besides using threadfin fillet, you can try seabass, codfish or even pomfret if you like.
- 300gm Threadfin fillet
- 150gm Chinese baby cabbage,
- 50gm fresh black fungus, sliced thinly
- 2 dried shiitake mushroom, softened & sliced
- 1 tbsp shredded ginger
- coriander for garnishing
- 10gm cordyceps flower
- 5gm angelica roots
- 1 tbsp wolfberries
- 2 large red dates. seeds removed & sliced
- 120ml water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Chinese wine
- Lightly season Threadfin fillet with some salt. Set aside.
- Rinse herb ingredients and place into a small saucepan with water. Bring to boil on medium high heat for 5 mins. Add in seasoning. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, blanch the baby cabbage in boiling water. Drain away water and squeeze out excess moisture. Arrange the blanched cabbage over a heatproof plate.
- Layer shredded black fungus over cabbage then place the Threadfin fillet over.
- Sprinkle softened mushroom and ginger slices over the fillet. Lastly add in herbal mixture together with the liquid.
- Steam the dish in a preheated steamer over high heat for 8 mins until cook. Garnish with coriander and serve immediately.
You can watch the video over this link : 'Just Cook It' Ep 8 or https://www.facebook.com/ch8sg/?pnref=story