Happy Valentine's Day!!
Matcha Pecan Brownies
- 180gm white chocolate chip
- 120gm butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 60gm plain flour
- 30gm light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp green tea powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Melt white chocolate and butter over low heat.
- Mix sugar into chocolate mixture. Stir in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- Sift flour, green tea powder, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Pour the liquid mixture into flour mixture. Fold well till well combined. Fold in pecans.
- Pour batter into a 8" square pan. Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 30mins.
- Cool well before slicing.
Ingredient (makes approx. 15 pairs macarons)
- Blend ground almonds and icing sugar in a food processor till powdery. Remove and sift the mixture.
- Beat egg whites on high speed till foamy. Add sugar gradually and beat till glossy and stiff peak form. Beat in food colouring.
- Fold in almond mixture in batches until well incorporated and mixture is smooth and flowy.
- Transfer batter into piping bag and pipe on baking sheet lined with parchment paper and rest for at least 30mins until dry.
- Baked at preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 8 mins. Reduce oven temperature to 130 deg cel and continue to bake for another 5 mins.
- Remove from oven, cool for 5mins and peel the cookies away from parchment paper. Cool completely on wire rack before frosting.