With ample ready rolled-out frozen puffs pastry in freezer and a few cans tuna, this make a super fast and easy snack to prepare anytime of the day!! Puffy and crispy pastry top with a little spiced tuna and eggs, oooh so yummylicious!! My kids simply love this kimchi tuna pie and yes the spiciness of this kimchi tuna is not as spicy as you thought. If you like, you can add additional chopped kimchi into the tuna for extra kick. But for the kids palate, the can version tasted just right for them. :)
Ingredient (4 servings)
- 1 frozen puff pastry
- 1 can kimchi tuna (Ayam brand)
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 4 strips yellow capsicum
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 small eggs
- 1 beaten egg, for glazing
- mozzarella cheese
- Heat a pan with some olive oil. Saute onion till fragrant and lightly browned. Remove from fire and set aside.
- Place frozen puff pastry on a lined baking tray. Slice into 4 squares. Lightly score the edge of each square, leaving a 1 cm gap. Do not cut through. Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 15 mins until puff and lightly browned.
- Remove tray from oven. Use the back of a spoon, lightly press down the middle of the puff to make a indention.
- Divide caramelised onion evenly over the 4 puffs. Spread kimchi tuna over together with cherry tomatoes and capsicum stripe. Crack each egg into the middle of each puff. Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese over.
- Return the tray to oven and continue to bake for 8 mins until the eggs are set to your preference. Serve immediately.