Finally after one week of HFMD saga, my two kids' appetite are slowly back to normal! They requesting me to prepare yummy food for them after days of bland food... hahahah start to get busy in kitchen again! Today I satisfy their little tummy with this simple and fuss free chicken stew. I cook this dish umpteen times but never document in my blog! This recipe is very versatile and straight forward. My kids like potato therefore I added more. If you like celery, you can toss in some too for extra fibre. No fresh herbs at home, try using dried Italian mixed herbs which works well too! I love Worcestershire sauce and HP sauce as it gives a tangy taste to this hearty stew. My kids never fail to give praise to Mummy's simple chicken stew, hope you will like it too! ^0^
- 4 whole chicken leg, chopped into bite size
- 1 large onion
- 3 minced garlic
- 600gm Brastagi potato
- 300gm carrots
- 3 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 non MSG chicken stock cube
- Worcestershire sauce
- HP sauce
- salt & pepper
1) Diced one big onion, saute in 2 tbsp olive oil till soft and fragrant for about 5 mins.
2) Marinate 4 whole chicken leg (skin removed and chopped into bite size) with salt & pepper and 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce for 30mins. Add into casserole and fry with onions for 2 mins.
3) Add in minced garlic and mix well.
4) Add in diced potatoes and carrots, mix well and fry for a min.
5) Add in 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tbsp HP sauce, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1 non MSG chicken stock cube, 2 bay leaves and 1 sprig fresh thyme. Add in 3 cups water. Bring to boil. Turn down heat, cover and simmer for 30 mins until potato and carrots are tender.
6) Lastly add cornstarch solution to thicken the gravy. Adjust taste with a little salt, pepper or Worcestershire sauce if desired.
7) Remove from heat. Ladle chicken stew into serving bowl and serve with bread rolls or rice!