Seriously I'm not a fan of fruit cake, but is nice to bake some as gifting for the coming Christmas holidays! This is a non-alcoholic fruit cake whereby the kids can enjoy too!
I love how the mixed fruits evenly distributed throughout the cake :D
- 150gm glace cherries, coarsely chopped
- 300gm mixed dried fruits (raisins, currants & sultanas)
- 200ml orange juice
- 2 heaped tbsp orange zests
- 250gm butter
- 120gm sugar
- 225gm plain flour
- 4 large eggs
- Macerate all the fruits and zest with orange juice overnight.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at at time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift in flour and beat till well combine.
- Fold in macerated fruits and juice.
- Pour batter into a lined loaf pan and bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
This post is linked to "Cook and Celebrate: Christmas 2014" organised by Cook & Celebrate Christmas 2014 hosted by Bake For Happy Kids, Eat Your Heart Out and Domestic Goddess Wannabe
This post is linked to "My Treasured Recipes #4 - Ho Ho Ho It's Christmas (Dec 2014)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.