Who can resist warm hearty baked potato piled with lots of sour cream and crisp bacon!? I loved how this baked potato is done by slicing them thinly and each layer is well seasoned and embedded with cheese filling! Oooh, so satisfying as a light snack but rather sinful hahaha....
Two different potatoes I've tried out. I managed to section the Russet potato into 30 slices and the other small one about 20 over slices.
- 4 Russet potatoes, washed & scrubbed cleanly
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp mixed italian herbs
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic, mashed
- 4 stripe bacons, pan fried till crisp & brown
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- chopped spring onion
- Using a shape knife, slice the potatoes thinly without cutting all the way through.
- Combine olive oil, salt, paprika, herbs, pepper and garlic and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture evenly all over the potatoes.
- Bake in preheated oven at 220 deg cel until the skin is crisp and tender inside, about 45-50 mins.
- Meanwhile cook the bacon until crispy and crumble it.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with the cheese and bacon and return to the oven until the cheese has melted, about 5 minutes
- Top with sour cream, and green onions...and more bacons!
How to slice the potato!
Sliced off a little portion on the bottom so that it won't roll around.
With 2 chopsticks on each side of the potato as a guide, this way the slices won't be cut through all the way. I managed to get 30-35 slices for each Russet potato.
Brush the olive oil mixture evenly on all the potato, including the cuts in-between
baked in hot oven till crisp and cooked through. The slices will started to fan out when it softened.
topped with sour cream, crisp bacon and spring onion!
Ooo I'm so gonna try this! Thanks for posting haha!
Post a Comment