Hmmm actually I dislike pig trotters! I did not even eaten any vinegar pig trotters (猪脚醋) during my two confinements! hahaha then why am I still like to cook this 猪脚米粉?? This is because I like the taste of the noodle vermicelli (bee hoon) soaking up all the flavourful braising liquid of the canned pig trotters. So sinful and delicious how to resist right? ^0^
Not a fan of canned pig trotters, try replacing with canned braised pork ribs or spiced pork cubes, equally delicious!!
Recipe ref : AnnieliciousFood
(with slight modifications)
- 200gm rice vermicelli
- 1 Nariscuss canned pig trotters
- 120gm cabbage
- 80gm choy sum
- 80gm fresh shittake mushroom, sliced
- 2 stalk spring onion, sliced
- 40gm carrot, jullienned
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 shallot, sliced
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- dash of pepper
- dash of sesame oil
- 100ml water
- 1 red chilli, deseeded & jullienned
- fried shallots, for garnishing
- Soak rice vermicelli in water for 30 mins until soften. Meanwhile wash and cut all the veggies accordingly.
- Drain away water from the vermicelli.
- Heat wok with 1 tbsp oil. Add shallots and garlic and sauté till fragrant.
- Add in cabbage, carrots and mushroom and give a quick toss.
- Add in pig trotters and mix well.
- Add in choy sum and bee hoon and toss evenly.
- Add in seasoning and in some water enough to moisture the mixture. Tossing frequently till the bee hoon is soft and all the liquid are almost absorbed. Add in spring onion and sesame oil and give a quick toss. Turn off heat and dish up.
- Garnish with red chilli and fried shallots. Serve.