This is not the first time I've made foccacia. There are a couple of foccacia recipes in my blog each with slight variations, all tasted wonderful including today's one which I'm sharing :D Extra wholemeal flour added to this garlicky foccacia gave extra nutritious value to the bread, great with a bowl of warm creamy soup!
Recipe source : 'Original Flavours' by Carol
- 250gm bread flour
- 50gm wholemeal flour
- 15gm sugar
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200ml water
Garnish : 4 tsp olive oil, 4 garlic cloves, chopped rosemary leaves and grated parmesan
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well. Add in water gradually to form into a rough dough.
- Knead for 10 mins until dough is soft and smooth. Cover and proof in a warm area for 1 hour or until double in bulk.
- Punch down dough to release air and knead lightly. Divide into 4 equal portions and roll into rounds. Cover and rest for 10 mins.
- On a lightly flour surface, roll out each dough into a flat disc. Use your thumb or the end of a chopstick and poke several dents on the dough. Brush some olive over, sprinkle over chopped garlic, rosemary and grated parmesan and drizzle another tsp olive oil.
- Lightly cling wrap and proof in a warm area for 40mins until double in bulk.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 15-20 mins until golden brown.
Served with Broccoli Chowder
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Bake for Happy Kids and My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by Diana from the Domestic Goddess Wannabe