Saturday, March 22, 2014

Indonesian Fried Noodle (Mie Goreng Java)

Talking about instant noodle, one of my favourite brand should be Indomie Mee Goreng! Once in a while I will indulge a pack as a quick snack :P  While browsing recipe for this month Asian Food Fest : Indonesia, I found this homemade Indonesian Fried Noodle which tasted fantastic good! Love the peppery and nutty flavour with a tinge of sweetness. The first attempt I've forgotten to take into consideration the level of spiciness my kids can accept, I've added too much pepper and they had a hard time polishing off their plate of noodle. My hubby also commented too much pepper added >.<" Therefore the second attempt I've reduced the peppercorns used and it tasted much much better for all of us :D






Recipe source : NoRecipes with slight modifications
Ingredient
  • 300gm dried egg noodles
  • 5 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 4 candlenuts, presoaked
  • 1 tbsp whole white pepper
  • 250gm chicken breast, thinly sliced
  • 180gm cabbage, thinly sliced
  • 200gm bean sprouts
  • 3 stalks spring onion, chopped
  • 2 stalk chinese celery, chopped 
  • 4 tbsp sweet dark soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp light soy sauce
  • 300ml chicken stock (dissolved 1 non-MSG stock cube in water)

Method
  1. Cook dried egg noodles as per packaging instructions. Drain well and set aside.
  2. Combine garlic, candlenut and pepper in a electric grinder and process till smooth.
  3. Heat some oil in wok. Stir fry spice paste till fragrant over medium heat briefly.
  4. Toss in chicken and stir to mix with the spice. 
  5. Add sweet dark soy sauce & light soy sauce and mix well.
  6. Add in chicken stock and cabbage. Bring to boil and cook for 2-3 minutes until cabbage is tender and liquid reduced slightly.
  7. Add in noodles and stir evenly. Add in bean sprouts, spring onion and celery, mix well. Turn off heat.
  8. Serve immediately with sambal chilli and lime at the sides.


I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest: Indonesia (Wendy from Wendyinkk.blogspot.sg), hosted by Alice from I Love. I Cook. I Bake(Link to HERE)   

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails