Do you like Chilli Crab? If you do, you will definitely love this sweet and spicy prawns :D The gravy taste similar to chilli crab except prawns are used here :D Fresh, succulent big prawn goes well with this sweet spicy thick gravy, can't help licking up all the delicious sauce!
Recipe source : Yum Yum Magazine Jan 2014
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and diced
- 300gm shelled big prawns
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp chilli boh
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 200ml water
- 1 tbsp cornflour water, for thickening
- 1 small egg, beaten
- spring onion for garnish
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in pan, sauté garlic and ginger till fragrant.
- Add in onion and chilli and fry till onion is softened.
- Add in seasoning and prawn. Bring to boil and cook till prawns cooked through.
- Thicken gravy with cornflour water. Add in beaten egg and spring onion. Toss evenly. Dish up to serve.
I'm linking this post to : Cook-Your-Books #10 hosted by Kitchen Flavours
I am also submitting this post to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Moon from Food playground at this post.