It's been some time I make a non-bake cheesecake! The moment I've saw this Roselle Non-Bake Cheesecake, I knew I must made it right away as I've got the pickled roselle and roselle jam all ready! The cheesecake was done the night before so that it had plenty time to chill thoroughly overnight. Such a lovely & sweet cheesecake to enjoy with the family! :D
- 100gm digestive biscuits
- 60gm unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp gelatin powder
- 2 tbsp water
- 250gm cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 60ml milk
- 100gm roselle jam
- 200ml dairy whipping cream
- Line the base and side of a 7" removable cake pan. Set aside.
- Place biscuits in a zip log bag and crushed finely with a rolling pin. Combine melted butter with crushed biscuits. Press the crumbs onto the base of the prepared and chilled in fridge for later use.
- Soak gelatine with 2 tbsp water. Set aside to allow the mixture to swell before setting the bowl over a pot of simmering hot water. Stir the mixture once the gelatine melts, remove from heated pot and cool slightly before used.
- In a mixing bowl, whip the dairy cream until soft peak form. Set aside in fridge.
- In another clean mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in sugar until well dissolved. Beat in milk and jam follow by the melted gelatine.
- Fold whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture with a hand whisk.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture on the chilled biscuit base. Smooth the surface and chilled until set.
Roselle Jelly Topping
- 6gm gelatine powder
- 2 tbsp water
- 100gm roselle syrup (from pickled roselle)
- 10gm sugar
- 50gm water
- Soak gelatine with 2 tbsp water, stir lightly. Set aside to allow the gelatine to swell before setting the bowl over a pot of simmering hot water. Stir with a spoon once the gelatine melts.
- Add roselle syrup, sugar and water in a small pot. Stir till sugar dissolved at medium heat. Add in gelatine and stir well to combine.
- Cool down the liquid slightly and gently pour over the top of the cheesecake.
- Chill till set before slicing.