Recipe source : Honey Bee Sweets Avocado Bread Loaf…A beautiful loaf but the texture is way too dry for our liking :( The kids rejected after just one mouthful….what to do with this huge loaf of bread? Can't possibly throw and feed Mr Bin right? Not wanting to waste food, I turn it into another dish! A savory bread pudding with cherry tomato, broccoli, ham and cheese!
- 25gm butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 6 slices stale bread
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 50gm ham, roughly chopped
- 500ml milk
- 3 eggs
- 50gm cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 180 deg cel. Mix butter and garlic together, use a little of the mixture to grease a shallow baking dish. Use the balanced to butter the bread slices, then cut them in half diagonally.
- Arrange the bread slices, overlapping, in the baking dish.
- Tuck the cherry tomatoes, broccoli and ham in and around the bread slices.
- Whisk the milk and eggs together. Season with some salt & pepper. Pour over the bread slices and gently push the slices down in the liquid. Leave to stand for 5 mins. Scatter the cheese over the top, bake for 35-40 mins until golden brown and just set. Serve warm.
I am submitting this post to the the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen from My Little Favourite DIY , hosted by lice from I Love.ICook.IBake