Have you been busy preparing for the coming Chinese Lunar New Year 2014? For me I've been busy churning out pineapple tarts, hopefully can try baking other varieties of CNY cookies for the coming weeks! I've tested out my 2nd batch of pineapple rolls using Sonia's recipe. For a change from the traditional taste, I've added some matcha powder into the cookie dough! I must say matcha and pineapple match really well! ^0^
- 50gm condensed milk (I use Milkmaid)
- 190gm salted butter, softened
- 275gm plain flour (increase to 280gm if making original flavour pineapple roll & omit the green tea powder)
- 5gm green tea powder
- 1 egg yolk
- glaze : 1 egg yolk + few drops water
- 800gm pineapple jam, shaped into 10gm elongated roll (I like more filling so I've used 10gm for each roll, if you prefer lesser filling used 7-8gm instead)
- Cream butter and condensed milk until light.
- Beat in egg yolk until fluffy.
- Sift in flour and green tea powder in 2 batches, mixing well each addition till evenly mixed.
- Put some mixture into a Nastar mould and press out into strips about 7cm long.
- Place filling on the edge of the strip and roll up. Cut off excess dough.
- Place pineapple roll on a lined baking sheet and brush with egg glaze.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 18-20mins or till golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack before storing.
I am linking this post to Bake Along event, Chinese New cookies for the month Jan 2014 organised by Frozen Wing, Bake for Happy Kids and Kitchen Flavours.