I think this is the first time I attempted an eggless cookie recipe! Great recipe for those whom are allergy to eggs. Hmmm without eggs will it result the cookie to taste flat?? Glad that I attempted this as the cookies are full of flavour with crispy edge and chewy centres! hahaha I guess that anything with chocolate/chocolate chips involve it won't taste that bad afterall :P
- 90gm brown sugar
- 90gm white sugar
- 60gm unsalted butter
- 60gm shortening
- 120gm plain yoghurt
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
- 220gm plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, cream sugar, butter, shortening until light and fluffy.
- Using a spatula, stir in yoghurt & vanilla.
- Sift in plain flour, baking soda & salt and fold till just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop tsp of cookie batter onto lined baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 12 mins or until the edges begin to brown.
- Cool on wire rack before storing.
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #36: Choc-a-Cookie (October 2013) hosted by Genie of Honeybee916food