Does this noodle dish looks familiar to you?? It resembles Chinese Fried Noodles (炒面), but the taste is actually quite different 'cos of the sauce used :D Chinese Fried Noodles is more on the salty side which uses more light soy sauce whereas Yakisoba sauce is on the sweeter side :D Another fuss free one dish meal which the kids enjoy alot.
- 5 fresh shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 stalk spring onion, sliced
- 4 cabbage leaves, chopped into small pieces
- 250gm chicken fillet, thinly sliced (marinate lightly with pepper, salt, light soy sauce & cornflour)
- black pepper to taste
- 300gm dried buckwheat noodle
- Yakisoba sauce *
- Ao-Nori for garnishing
*Yakisoba Sauce : 6 tbsp oyster sauce, 2 tsp light soy sauce, 2 tsp sugar, 2 tsp sesame oil, salt & black pepper to taste. Whisk together and adjust taste if necessary.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in wok, add in chicken fillet and cook till meat is opaque and slightly golden brown at the edge.
- Maintaining the stove fire at medium high heat, add in onion and stir fry till fragrant & soften.
- Meanwhile cook the noodle according to package.
- Add in mushroom, carrot & cabbage. Toss even. Add in black pepper and half of the yakisoba sauce. Cook till vegetables are tender.
- Lower the stove heat to medium low, add in the noodle & spring onion, toss to mix evenly. Add in balance yakisoba sauce, mix well.
- Dish up and garnish with dried seaweed powder. Serve immediately.