When I first saw this recipe I was rather skeptical with the combination of using spaghetti with tofu & peanut sauce :P Looks quite a fusion dish to me :D I never try stir frying spaghetti in an oriental way and I must say it taste not too bad, at least my kids given thumbs up to this noodle dish :D
- 2 blocks firm tofu, pat dry and cut into cubes
- 1 yellow capsicum, sliced
- 200gm sliced cabbage
- 1 stalk spring onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 150gm spaghetti, cooked according to package
peanut sauce : mix well
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan. Pan fry tofu until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add in another tbsp of oil. Saute garlic till fragrant.
- Add in cabbage and yellow capsicum and stir fry till cabbage is softened.
- Add in fried tofu, cooked spaghetti and sauce mixture and toss evenly and simmer for 1-2 mins. Stir in spring onion. Serve immediately.