Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tofu Stir-fry Noodle with Peanut Sauce

When I first saw this recipe I was rather skeptical with the combination of using spaghetti with tofu & peanut sauce :P Looks quite a fusion dish to me :D I never try stir frying spaghetti in an oriental way and I must say it taste not too bad, at least my kids given thumbs up to this noodle dish :D






Ingredient
  • 2 blocks firm tofu, pat dry and cut into cubes
  • 1 yellow capsicum, sliced
  • 200gm sliced cabbage
  • 1 stalk spring onion, sliced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 150gm spaghetti, cooked according to package
peanut sauce : mix well
  • 2 tbsp peanut butter
  • 1/4 cup hot water
  • 3 tbsp rice vinegar
  • 3 tbsp light soy sauce

Method
  1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan. Pan fry tofu until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
  2. Using the same pan, add in another tbsp of oil. Saute garlic till fragrant.
  3. Add in cabbage and yellow capsicum and stir fry till cabbage is softened.
  4. Add in fried tofu, cooked spaghetti and sauce mixture and toss evenly and simmer for 1-2 mins. Stir in spring onion. Serve immediately.
Recipe source : Martha Stewart


This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Mich of Piece of Cakeat this post.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails