Friday, October 25, 2013

Shogayaki (Ginger Pork)

This is one of the quickest dish I've ever prepared! As I've used thin cut Sukiyaki meat, from putting the meat into the heated pan to plating, it took barely 5 mins ^.^ The meat is so tender, sweet and juicy after  brief simmering in the flavourful gingery sauce :D




Ingredient
  • 250gm thinly sliced pork tenderloin (I use sukiyaki meat)
  • 1/4 onion
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1" ginger
  • salt
  • black pepper
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 1 stalk spring onion, chopped
Seasonings :
  • 3 tbsp light soy sauce
  • 3 tbsp mirin
  • 3 tbsp sake
  • 2 tsp sugar

Method
  1. Grate onion, garlic & ginger into a small bowl.
  2. All the seasonings into the bowl. Stir well.
  3. Season meat with some salt & black pepper.
  4. Heat 1 tbsp oil in HCP. Pan fry pork, in single layer (in batches), on medium heat, less than 1 min on each side.
  5. Return pork slices back into HCP, overlapping each slices slightly. Pour in the seasonings and spring onion evenly over the pork layers and simmer briefly. 
  6. Serve immediately.



This dish taste very refreshing along with some Cabbage salad with Chuka-fu Dressing !




I am submitting this post to Asian Food Fest #1 Oct 2013 : Japan, hosted by Alan from travelling-foodie


This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Mich of Piece of Cakeat this post.




4 comments:

victoria bakes said...

i'm salivating from your description,...... will defo try this out!

kitchen flavours said...

Looks yummy!

Zoe said...

Hi Peng,

5 mins to cook this!!! You are swift and brilliant!

Zoe

Jeszica said...

I cooked this tonight :) I wanted to thx you for sharing this recipe! My mom who has dementia enjoyed this dish very very much, she had 2 bowls of rice! She asked me to cook again :) Thank you! It's so simple n just took me 5 mins!

Related Posts with Thumbnails