This is a lovely simple stir-fry dish, great with along a bowl of piping hot porridge! I usually use preserved turnip 菜脯 for making omelette, never thought it matches so well with fried beancurd :D I think it will taste even better with added some spiciness to it. As I wanted it to be more kids friendly, instead of adding in fresh chilli, I replaced it with some red capsicum.
- 200gm chicken breast meat, diced
- 200gm firm tofu, diced
- 1 tbsp dried prawns, soaked and chopped
- 1 tbsp preserved turnip, rinsed
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 1 tsp plum sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 5 tbsp water
- In some oil in wok, pan fry tofu till golden brown. Dish up and set aside.
- With remaining oil in wok, sauté dried prawns, preserved turnip, garlic till fragrant.
- Add in diced chicken and capsicum and fry for 2 mins.
- Toss in fried tofu and seasoning and mix evenly for another 2 mins. Dish up.