This is another lovely loaf bread I've done! It raises very well as it almost reaches the ceiling of my little oven! ^0^ Therefore you can see that one side of the loaf is almost charred :P Lovely milky and sweet bread and soft texture too which I will make it over and over again!
As usual I kneaded the dough using my bare hands :D Luckily this is a very manageable dough, after full 10mins of kneading and stretching, my palms is almost clear of dough bits :D
Ingredient (one 20cm x 10cm x 10cm loaf)
- 270gm bread flour
- 30gm cake flour
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 30gm milk powder
- 40gm sugar
- 9gm salt
- 30gm beaten egg
- 125gm milk
- 75gm whipping cream
- Place all the dry ingredient into a mixing bowl.
- Combine egg, milk and whipping cream. Stir to mix well.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredient. Use a scrapper to mix it into a rough dough.
- Knead the dough for about 10mins until smooth and non-sticky. Cover with a damp cloth and proof for 60mins or until double in bulk.
- Take out the dough and lightly knead. Divide into 3 equal portions. Rest for 20mins.
- Roll out each dough into a rectangular shape. Roll up like a swiss roll. Place the rolled dough into the loaf pan and proof for another 60mins until it reaches the ream of the pan. Lightly brush the surface with egg wash.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 35mins.
- Unmould and cool on wire rack completely before slicing.
I am submitting this post to 'Bake Along #52" hosted by Lena, Joyce & Zoe