I'm attracted to the name of this crustless pizza when I first flip through the recipe book :D I wonder why it is called crustless though there is still a base hehehe. It is like a pancake base unlike the usual base made with bread. It is definitely much simpler and faster to whip up this particular crustless pizza! No kneading nor proofing time required and tasted just like pizza with the usual topping like ham, cheese, mushroom or anything topping you fancy!
To make it a more substantial meal, I prepared another soup from the same recipe book :D Oh Sunshine Soup....what a happy named dish ^0^ I never tried using bell peppers as a soup base and I was amazed by the taste as it tasted so sweet and refreshing!
- 1 egg
- 100gm plain flour
- 250ml milk
- 100gm grated cheddar cheese
- 2 slices ham, sliced
- 5 button mushroom, sliced
- handful of sweet corn kernels
- salt to taste
- Combine egg, flour, milk and salt. Whisk till smooth. Stir in half of the cheese.
- Grease a 8" non-stick baking pan. Pour the batter over the pan and bake in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 25-30mins.
- Take out the pan, sprinkle over remaining cheese and spread the fillings over evenly. Bake for another 3-5mins until golden brown at the edge.
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1L chicken stock
- 500gm sweet corn kernels
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven at 250 deg cel. Line a baking pan with foil.
- Slice peppers and remove core and seeds. Toss sliced peppers in oil and roast in oven for 25 mins.
- Bring stock to boil. Add corn kernels and cook for 10 mins.
- Remove a cupful of corn kernels from the liquid and set aside.
- Blend the roasted peppers and the stock till smooth.
- Combine the blended mixture and reserved corn kernels and bring to boil. Add salt & pepper to taste.
Recipe source : Nigella Lawson "Kitchen"
I'm sharing this recipe with Cook-Your-Books #4 hosted by Kitchen Flavours