When I saw this Bake Along theme on Fruit Buckle, I was wondering how does it looks like? As usual I hop into google and search for more information on this :) Ohhhhh from there I found out more differences on the various fruits dessert hehehe...learning new things with every new recipe learnt!
Extracted from 'my recipes.com'
Crisp : baked fruit topped with a mixture of some combination of flour, nuts, cereal (especially oatmeal), butter, and sugar. The topping ranges in texture from streusel to granola, and generally completely covers the fruit. Also sometimes called a crumble.
Cobbler : baked fruit topped with a batter or biscuit crust. The topping is often "cobbled" rather than smooth; the topping is generally dropped or spooned in small clumps over the fruit, allowing bits of the filling to show through.
Grunt or Slump: as the biscuit-topped fruit cooks on the stove, it supposedly makes a grunting noise, like the result of the steam from simmering fruit escaping through the vents between the biscuits.
Buckle : The streusel topping on this moist fruit cake (usually made with blueberries) makes the top look buckled. As with the crisp, this coffee cake-like dessert is also sometimes called a crumble.
We love this coffee cake liked texture packed with fruits and the crispy streusel topping! It still taste good even after the 3rd day. hehehe This has been my tea break for the past few days :P I always chilled all my bakes after it has cooled down and I just let in sit in room temperature before serving :)
Recipe source : sweetpotatochronicles
Ingredient (9" x 6" x 2.5" pan)
- 30gm plain flour
- 50gm brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 60gm unsalted butter, cold, cut into small cubes
- 80gm cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100gm unsalted butter
- 90gm sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup diced fresh apricots
- Streusel : Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Using your finger tips, quickly toss the flour with the butter and crumble the mixture into breadcrumbs liked. Chill in fridge while you whip up the cake.
- Using a electric whisk, cream butter and sugar until light & fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time and add in vanilla and salt.
- Sift flour and baking powder over and fold till just combined.
- Fold in the fruits. Do not overmix!
- Spread the batter in the lined cake pan evenly. Sprinkle the streusel over the top.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 35-40 mins or until nicely browned.
- Cool in pan for 10 mins. Unmould and cool completely on wire rack. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
I'm submitting this recipe Bake-Along theme 'Fruit Buckle' hosted by Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids, Joyce from Kitchen Flavours and Lena from Frozen Wings.