I'm not a fan of doughnuts as I find them overload with sugar and frosting especially those fanciful ones. hehehe So till now I've yet to attempt any fried doughnuts recipe! But I do not mind baked doughnut with minimal frosting which is friendlier to my waistline ^.^ This cake like texture doughnut is so irresistible as I really like the cinnamon-sugar coating, can't help popping them into my mouth! ^.^
with modificationsIngredient (15 small muffins)
- 180gm plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100ml + 1/2 tbsp soy milk
- 1 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 60gm unsalted butter
- 60gm sugar
- 1 large egg
- handful of raisins
For Coating :
- 100gm butter, melted
- 100gm sugar
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Combine milk and yoghurt.
- With a electric whisk, cream butter and sugar until light. Add in egg and beat till combined.
- Sift the flour mixture over the creamed butter, alternate with the milk mixture, mixing just until smooth. Do not over mix.
- Scoop some batter into small muffin cups, place in 3-4 pieces of raisins, top with another small scoop of batter.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 15mins or until golden brown.
- While the muffins bake, set up 2 bowls to dunk them in. In one bowl you will have the melted butter, and in the other bowl you will have the cinnamon sugar.
- Remove the muffins from the cups and cool slightly. Dunk them in the melted butter, then coat them with the cinnamon sugar. Ready to serve!
I am submitting this recipe to Bake Along hosted by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours, Lena from Frozen Wings and Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids,