Instant Chocolate Cake Mix with Real Chocolate Chips Inside!
I never buy prepacked cake mix before as I find them overloaded with sugar :) With homemade ones I can adjust the sweetness to my liking. This particular cake mix is actually bought by my hubby >.< He actually wanting me to bake this for his parents whom are diabetic hahaha...
I browsed the package and realised this is a Singapore product and created by some students in one of our local polytechnic! This is a very simple cake mix, just add eggs, water and mashed bananas and mix into a cake batter. Results? Yumz!! It tasted very chocolaty and moist and the sweetness is just right :D
- 210gm banana puree (approx. 3 large bananas)
- 100gm diced banana (approx. 1 large banana, can be replaced with nuts)
- 80ml corn oil
- 70ml water
- 3 medium eggs
- 350gm Alivia Chocolate Chip Cake Mix
- Combine oil, water and eggs and mix well.
- Add in cake mix and fold till combine, mixture will be thick.
- Mix in banana puree and fold till combine.
- Fold in diced bananas or nuts.
- Spoon batter into cupcake cases until 80% full.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 12-15mins. (baking duration depends on the size of the cupcakes)
If you are interested to try this product, you may find them at certain Phoon Huat outlet :)