The kids were excited when they saw their meals : 'Angry Bird Pizza' my boy shouted ^-^ and my gal pointed to the pizza exclaiming 'angry bird angry bird'! To save time, I used Betty Crocks Pizza Mix to make the base and top with my homemade roasted tomato sauce, embedded with mozzarella, ham, pineapples & mushroom, served with Minestrone.
Recipe adapted from Good Food Mag May 2011
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 1 garlic, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1L chicken stock
- 1 handful of spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, deseeded & roughly chopped
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed well
- 1 small zucchinni, diced
- 40gm small pasta shells*
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pot, saute onions, garlic, celery & carrots for 5mins until the vegetables soften.
- Add stock, tomatoes, spinach & kidney beans. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat & simmer, covered for 10mins.
- Add zucchini and cook for another 5mins. Add salt & pepper to taste if necessary. Serve immediately with cooked pasta shells.