Indeed melt-in mouth immediately, no need to bite at all! result better than kueh bangkit! ^-*
Place dough into piping bag using 1M tip to get rose shape Strawberry German Cookies...aren't they pretty?! To achieve 2 tones rose shape cookies, place plain dough & strawberry paste dough alternately into piping bag and squeeze the piping bag lightly to mix the dough, then pipe out. The dough is quite soft so I got no problem piping out these cookies :D
Recipe adapted from Min's Blog & SSB's Blog
- 125gm butter
- 40gm icing sugar, sifted
- 125gm potato starch
- 80gm cake flour
- 1 tbsp green powder or 1/2 tsp strawberry paste
- Beat butter and icing sugar till fluffy and lighter in colour.
- Sift in potato starch and flour, mix to form a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions, add 1 tbsp of green tea powder (or 1/2 tsp strawberry paste) to 1 portion and knead well.
- Pinch a bit of dough from both plain and green tea dough. Roll lightly into small balls to form marble pattern.
- Arrange on lined baking pan and press lightly with a fork (dip the fork in water after each press to prevent cookie dough from sticking to the fork).
- Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 15 mins, upper rack (need not bake till cookies turn brown).