Recipe adatped from Mrs Teng's Blog
- 500g Korean Rice Cake
- 100gm Chikuwa fishcake, sliced thinly
- ¼ section Carrot, julienne
- 1 small onion, julienne
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 pieces cabbages, sliced
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 stalks spring onion, julienne
- 1 tbsp anchovy stock or fish sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Korean cooking sugar or 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp red pepper paste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp corn starch (mixed with 2 tbsp water)
- some sesame seeds or pine nuts for garnishing
*** Mix the seasonings in a bowl. Alternatively use the instant sauce 150gm (as pics shown above) and add 250ml water.
- Thaw until rice cake soften or soak frozen rice cake for 20 minutes.
- Heat frying pan, add oil and stir fry garlic and onion until fragrant. Add carrot and fish Cake and fry for about 2 mins. Add the cabbage and rice cake and fry for another continue frying for another 2 mins.
- Add about 250ml water and simmer for about 3 mins or until rice cake is soften (test by cutting the rice cake into two with the spatula ~ should be easy to cut).
- Add the seasoning or 딱볶이 sauce and stir fry for about 5 minutes. Stir in spring onions.
- Pour in corn starch to thicken the gravy (not necessary if using instant sauce).
- Pour onto a serving plate and sprinkle with sesame seeds/pine nuts.