- 3/4 cup black eye bean, 白眉豆
- 700gm hairy gourd, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 6 dried shitake mushroom, soften
- 2 tbsp preserved sichuan vege
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 8 cups water
- Place all ingredients into a large pot, bring to boil.
- Cook on medium heat for 1.5hrs.
Minced Egg Roll
- 100gm minced pork
- 150gm fish paste
- 4 eggs
- 1 stalk spring onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp softened woodears, finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp light soya sauce
- dash of pepper
- Mix minced pork, fish paste, woodears & seasoning well. Set aside.
- Lightly beat eggs with a pinch of salt. Stir in spring onion.
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp oil, pour in eggs and cook on low heat till set. Cool slightly.
- Place pork mixture over omelette. Roll up.
- Steam over boiling water for 20mins till egg roll is cooked through. Cool slightly before cutting into slices.