Saturday, October 8, 2011

香煎木薯糕

This looks familiar to you? :D If u ever visit a local pasar malam you will sure come across a stall selling this kueh :D Very simple treats to make just like making normal pancakes. I did not drain away the liquid after grating the tapioca, maybe I should? The batter seems quite runny, and it spread a little when I drop the batter onto the greased pan. But it does not affect the chewy texture after cooking. While frying the cake, I just use a spatula to gather the batter to form a round shape*, it actually form shape very quickly as the tapioca is very starchy.

Ingredient (approx 10 pcs)
  • 300gm finely grated tapioca, drained off excess liquid
  • 100ml coconut milk
  • 1 tbsp pandan juice
  • 100gm sugar
  • 1 tbsp corn flour
  • 30gm melted butter
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 tsp pandan paste
Method
  1. Combine all ingredient and mix well.
  2. Lightly grease a non-stick pan. Scoop batter into heated pan.
  3. *Pan-fry till both sides are crispy and golden. Drain well on greaseproof paper.

5 comments:

Miss B @ Everybody Eats Well in Flanders said...

Hi

This is one of my favorites while living in Singapore. Now that you remind me of this, I must go look for tapioca. Thanks for ur recipe! :)

cheers
bee @EEWIF

Blessed Homemaker said...

Thanks for dropping by. I think you are doing a great job here, sahm :-) Ganbate!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

This recipe looks great! I'm quite tempted to make this.. but just a few questions... Did you use raw tapiocas for this recipe? Around how long did you fry them for? The tapiocas will be cooked by then?

Thanks for clarifying my doubts!

Cheers,
Jasline

Peng said...

Jasline..is raw tapioca, took abt 2-3mins for each side using medium low fire, dun use high heat, if not ur cake will be burnt b4 it be cooked!

Anonymous said...

Hi Peng,

Thanks for the recipe. I've always love tapioca kuih. I made it this morning but I baked it (200C for 40 mins) instead of pan-frying. Really nice. I omitted the pandan flavorings.

Thanks again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails