Recipe adapted from Nigella Lawson's Recipes From The Heart Of The Home
- 75gm unsalted butter
- 100gm light brown sugar
- 35gm cocoa powder
- 75gm plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (I accidentally added 1 tsp instead!! but still turns out ok)
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 80gm dark chocolate chips
- Line a 7" square pan.
- Melt butter oven a low heat in a medium sized saucepan.
- Using a wooden spoon stir in brown sugar and mix till melted. (can turn off heat, saucepan still over the stove)
- Sift in cocoa powder, plain flour, baking soda & salt.
- Whisk egg with vanilla paste. Add into the butter mixture and stir till combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips and immediate pour the batter into the lined pan.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 deg for 20-25mins.