Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Steamed Food...

My lunch today is steamed sweet corn rice & steamed winter melon with salted egg with minced chicken. 2 days ago received my new layer steamer as my dear husband burnt my previous old one!!!! YES HE BURNT IT!! lucky he did not burn down the whole kitchen or....is so dangerous when I thought of it. I've always remind him do not leave the stove on without tending it, but he never seems to listen! I always have the habit of cooking a pot of soup overnight so that next day I am more free to handle other stuffs. That particular night I've reminded him not to touch the soup as it is not done yet. But because of his helpfulness, he turned on the stove - -"

The next morning around 6am plus I woke up and smelling something weird. But I went back to laze around on bed thinking the smell is caused by the air around my area which happens quite often. After 10mins or so I walked into the kitchen and to my horror the hob was turned on on full power and the pot...sigh...and I found my dear husband fallen asleep in the living hall! he really got it from me not because of the pot of soup being ruined, what if the whole place caught fire when all of us were in deep sleep!!

That's how I got my new layer pot costing $138. But to my disappointment, I realised the quality of the pot is so different from the previous old one. It was my hubby whom went to purchase the pot so I'm not there to check. The weight of the pot has reduced tremendously especially the top layer. This means that the material of the whole pot is actually thinner now :( I've been using this pot for over 7 years, so the moment I handle the pot I can discover the difference there. But least now I got a new pot which I cannot do without it :)


冬瓜咸蛋蒸肉
Ingredient
  • 1 slice winter melon, about 700gm
  • 200gm minced chicken
  • 1 salted egg, separated
  • 1 stalk spring onion
  • 3 slices ginger
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 tsp corn flour
Method
  1. Chop spring onion & ginger finely. Combine with minced chicken, salted egg white & seasoning, mix evenly.
  2. Peel winter melon and remove the seeds. Place the minced mixture into the hollow winter melon. Place the salted egg yolk on the minced.
  3. Steam over boiling water for 30mins until cook through.


玉米蒸饭
Combine 2 cups rice, 2 cups water and 200gm sweet corn kernels and cook as usual.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Peng,
i am the silent reader of your block. I like your steamer. Since you said you hv used the similar one for many year. Can sharewhere did you get your tier one? Can please snap the picture of it? Thank you so much.

Cheers,
Lisa

Peng said...

Lisa...can give me ur email addy? I send u the pic :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails