Yes is mango again! :D is so cheap costing only $1.99 for 3 sweet mangoes! :) I found this recipe on AllRecipes.com whereby I modified the recipe by adding some lemon basil. I actually intend to use mint but not available and happen to find some basil. I've seen thai sweet basil, normal basil but first time come across lemon basil & cinnamon basil!!. I'm thinking the lemon basil should be compatible with the citrus sauce, therefore got a packet to try out. While I was plucking out the leaves from the stem, I took a leaf and smell it....indeed got tinge of lemon smell!!
No additional seasoning is required for the sauce as the natural sweetness & flavours are attributed by the orange juice & mango cubes!! so yummylicous dish! :D
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black peppercorn
- 2 mangoes, peeled & cubed
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 300ml fresh orange juice
- 12gm lemon basil, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- cornstarch water
- Marinate chicken breasts with salt & ground black pepper for at least 30mins.
- Shave zucchinis into thin slice. Place into a microwave proof dish. Drizzle over 1 tbsp olive oil and pinch of salt. Seal the dish with a cling wrap. Microwave high for 5mins.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in non-stick pan, place over chicken breasts. Pan fry till both sides are golden brown and thoroughly cook. Remove.
- With remaining oil in pan, add in red onions and fry till soften for about 1 min. Add in cooked chicken breast and pour in orange juice. Coat the chicken breast with the juice evenly. When the mixture starts to boil, stir in chopped mangoes and lemon basil. Mix evenly.
- Stir in cornstarch water and cook till sauce thicken. Remove from fire.
- To serve : Place zucchini on a serving plate. Place 1 chicken breast over the zucchini. Scoop mango sauce over and serve with rice.