Prepared this tart in the morning, hopefully my boy will eat this for lunch. These few days I've not been feeling well, so could only prepare simple meals for him which is fish porridge :P The original recipe uses ricotta cheese, but when I saw a tub of 250gm cheese costing $8 plus, I think twice of buying that!! I decided to use another low fat cheese which is cottage cheese and much cheaper also, $3 plus for 200gm :)
- 600gm baby spinach
- 400gm cottage cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 10gm fresh parsley, chopped
- 10gm fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Trim baby spinach & wash thoroughly. Boil spinach until tender, drain away water. Squeeze out excess water & pat dry, chop coarsely.
- Toss cherry tomatoes with some olive oil and pinch of salt.
- Combine spinach, herbs, eggs, cheese, pepper & 1 tsp salt in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Line the sides & bottom of a 8" square pan. Pour mixture into the pan. Arrange tomatoes on top cut side up.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 1 hr 10mins . Stand in pan for 10mins before unmoulding. Cut & serve warm.