Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cheese & Ham Puffs

Prepared this simple finger food for my son's school year party. The puffs taste so awfully great that I could not stop popping them into my mouth!


Ingredient (makes approx 50 small puffs)
  • 125ml milk
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 250gm cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
  • 4 slices ham, finely diced
  • 300gm onion, finely chopped
  • 150gm self-raising flour
Method
  1. Combine milk & egg in a mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon.
  2. Drop rounded teaspoon of mixture onto lined baking sheet. Baked in preheated oven at 200 deg cel for 20mins or until golden brown.

13 comments:

Twinkle said...

Hey, it looks awesomely nice and simple to do. Gonna try it one day. Thanks for great recipe!

Twinkle

3 hungry tummies said...

oh they look so delicious! great for picnic or cocktail party!

Jenwong said...

I tried the recipe....great taste! However, my puff stick to the baking paper..end up got to scrap off almost half of the content : ( Any reason and remedy?

Anonymous said...

Do U think I can use bacon i/o ham ? If so do I have to cook the bacon before I bake ? Thanks.

Peng said...

the original recipe adds bacon! but i replaced it with ham instead. You need not fry the bacon b4 hand, add only 2-3 strips is enough. The cheddar cheese itself is already salty, if add too much bacon the puffs will be too salty.

Anonymous said...

Hi, do you think omitting the onions will affect its taste?

Anonymous said...

These look delicious! Came across them looking for party food ideas, will definitely try them!

Liz said...

Do you think these can be frozen after baking?? Can't wait to make them.

Liz said...

Do you think these can be frozen after baking. I am looking forward to trying them.

Peng said...

Liz...yes u can do that, reheat from frozen no need to thaw

Peng said...

Liz...yes u can do that, reheat from frozen no need to thaw

Jamie said...

I want to serve these as my wedding reception, but I would have to make them the day before and would not have a way to heat/warm them back up. Would these be alright served at room temperature after being in the fridge for a day?

THANK YOU!

Peng said...

Jamie....yes I actually did these the night b4 for my boy's school party the next day! Taste fine in room temp but still best serve piping hot from the oven! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails