Another simple recipe to share! No involving of a mixer and beating procedure :) The recipe book actually named it as shortbread cakes but it does not have any cake texture at all. Instead it is crumbly and melts in the mouth, taste more like a cookie to me. Think I will catergorise this recipe under my cookie section :)
Blueberry Shortbread Cookie
Ingredient (8 cookies)
- 150gm unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 8 tsp blueberry jam (or any prefered jam)
- Stir vanilla essence into melted butter.
- Sift icing sugar, corn flour & plain flour and stir to mix. Using a wooden spoon, stir in melted butter into flour mixture to form a soft dough.
- Fill 8 greased muffin cups with dough mixture, abt 43gm each. Make a dent in the middle and place 1 tsp jam in each dent.
- Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg cel for 35-40mins. Cool completely before unmoulding.