Usually I baked my chiffon for 35mins, but this time round the baking duration does not apply for this chiffon! Almost have a hard time trying to remove the cake from the centre tube. , now then realise the surface is not as brown enough, should have extend the baking time for another 5mins.
Sit nicely at the brim after cooling down!
* 6 egg yolks
* 250gm creamy sweet corn
* 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
* 60ml corn oil
* 100gm castor sugar
* 120gm plain flour, sifted
* 50gm coconut powder
* 6 egg whites
* 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Whisk egg yolks with 30gm sugar till smooth. Stir in sweet corn, vanilla essence & corn oil. Fold in flour & coconut powder till batter forms.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar till foamy. Gradually beat in 70gm sugar on high speed in 3 additions till stiff peak formed.
- Fold in 1/3 of the egg white foam into sweet corn batter. Mix evenly. Pour the batter into the balance egg white foam and fold in gently till combined.
- Pour into ungreased 9 inch tube pan. Tap the pan on hard surface to release excess trap air bubbles and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 35 -40 mins. Invert immediately to cool completely before removing from pan.