I did not add additional colourings or orange flavourings, the cake still full of orange flavour. The cake is super light & fluffy cos the recipe ask for 7 egg whites! The texture is unlike the other chiffon I made before :) But I overfilled the cake pan and it sink slightly when I removed from the chiffon tin! Therefore did not take side view of the whole cake instead showing the nice bottom only...heeee.
- 4 egg yolks
- 100gm plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp corn oil
- 90ml fresh orange juice
- 1 orange zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 7 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 100gm castor sugar
- Blend egg yolks, oil, orange juice, zest, 50gm sugar & vanilla essence together. Sift in flour & baking powder. Blend till smooth.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar on high speed till foamy. Add remaining sugar gradually until stiff & fluffy.
- Fold in 1/3 of the egg white foam into the egg batter. Mix evenly. Transfer the mixture into the balance egg white foam and fold evenly.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased 23cm tube pan and bake in preheated oven at 180 deg cel for 40mins.
- Remove from oven and immediately invert on a cooling rack. Cool completely before removing from pan.